[IPython-user] Alternative %store behavior

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sun Apr 20 11:52:30 CDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Yichun Wei <yichun.wei@gmail.com> wrote:

>   on these variables is needed. But soon I started to stuff in the db
>   objects as large as several MB, which slows down the start up of any
>   IPython session considerately since it automatically loads every
>   variable back even when I do not want to bother with those variables.

This makes sense, I added ipy_jot.py as such to Extensions.

However, perhaps we should consider making this a bit more transparent
to the user as well. ipy_jot.py could be improved so that it would
create deferred stubs of all the %jot-ted variables to user_ns on
startup, and when the user just enters the variable name it loads up
the value (and shows the notes/etc). This can be done with
IPython.generics.result_display.