[IPython-user] Updated documentation available

Dog Walker thudfoo@gmail....
Tue Apr 22 10:50:02 CDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 12:00 PM, James Spencer <jss43@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Ville M. Vainio wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 2:21 AM, James Spencer <jss43@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> >

> > >  Is there any reason we can't just use the system calls to the commands
> > >  used in the Makefile that sphinx produces?  Namely:
> > >

> > No, that's what we should do. Can you provide a do_sphinx.py that does
> > this? My linux installation is broken ATM, so I can't test it myself.
> >

>  There are changes to conf.py and do_sphinx.py.
>  It needs the build/latex directory to exist.
>
>  Is it worth having options to produce html and/or pdf output?  If it's not
> run very often, then doing both is fine, I think.
>
>    --James

James:
    I don't understand the do_sphinx.py (see below) multiple calls to pdflatex.
    Also, when I ran it, the ipython.pdf was huge (~606kb and 244
pages) and worthless for printing or viewing, imho.

--
I have seen the future and I'm not in it!