[IPython-user] Updated documentation available

James Spencer jss43@cam.ac...
Tue Apr 22 20:26:44 CDT 2008

The pdf is long because each chapter starts on the right-hand page.
This can be stopped by setting
    latex_paper_size = 'openany,a4'
in conf.py.  This reduces the pdf to 154 pages.

This can be reduced further if we prevent each chapter starting on a new
page (which LaTeX insists on).  The only solution I could come up (other
than editing the rst file) is ugly and redefines the chapter style to be
a section style (in do_sphinx.py and conf.py, attached).  The resultant
pdf is 86 pages long and 413kb.  Does anyone have any better suggestions?

    --James