[IPython-user] install for cygwin?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche@pobox....
Thu Aug 7 09:45:12 CDT 2008

I'm currently running python on cygwin, but lust for shell features in
IPython. How can one install IPython for Cygwin? I see

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Download
> CygWin

> IPython works mostly OK, though some users have reported problems
> with prompt coloring. No satisfactory solution to this has been
> found so far, you may want to disable colors permanently in the
> ipythonrc configuration file if you experience problems. If you have
> proper color support under cygwin, please post to the IPython
> mailing list so this issue can be resolved for all users.

but no instructions on how to do that. I also didn't see an ipython
package when running cygwin's setup.exe against

ftp://mirrors/kernel.org

which is usually complete and current. Apologies if this is a FAQ, but
I also don't see either anything relevant @

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/FAQ

or any easy way to search this list.

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche@pobox.com>