[IPython-user] Workspaces with Embedded IPython

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Thu Aug 14 19:13:19 CDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:07 AM, Domain Admin <adowd@dspthunder.com> wrote:

> necessary mutexs.  But I'm struggling to find a clean way to allow IPython
> commands implement changes to the UI.  Conversely, I'd like to have access
> to the IPython workspace from the UI.  Any suggestions would be greatly

Accessing ipython workspace is easy:

http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/manual/ipython.html#ipython-extension-api

Regarding threading / mutexing, I think it shouldn't be needed at all
in the end, if you can give up the possibility of being able to
interrupt ipython code that is running.