[IPython-user] Workspaces with Embedded IPython

Laurent Dufrechou laurent.dufrechou@gmail....
Fri Aug 15 16:59:48 CDT 2008

I'm ok to port my old code to new architecture. I'm just waiting this
0.9 release and a somewhat stable code from gaël ^_^.
We should discuss with gael how I could do some interesting things, I
think in particular how to workaround the Ctrl+c problem.
Sure that with new code base it could be handled without threading and
thus will lead to much much more interesting capabilities.
(Live wx designer, imagine an ipython shell where you could type in wx
command that modify the gui where ipython is embeed... + matplotlib
handling inside a wx app via ipython embedded shell should be reallly
cool!)
Well before doing that we'll have a lot of challenge to resolve!

Just dreaming ;)

Gael: I've jsush pushed your branch, and got this eror:
laurent@Pep:~/dev/ipython-sync-frontend/IPython/frontend/wx$ python
./wx_frontend.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./wx_frontend.py", line 37, in <module>
    from IPython.frontend._process import PipedProcess
ImportError: No module named IPython.frontend._process

Seems that pipedProcess has not been pull...

Good night,
Laurent