[IPython-user] Workspaces with Embedded IPython

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Aug 15 20:17:52 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Laurent Dufrechou
<laurent.dufrechou@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm ok to port my old code to new architecture. I'm just waiting this
> 0.9 release and a somewhat stable code from gaël ^_^.
> We should discuss with gael how I could do some interesting things, I
> think in particular how to workaround the Ctrl+c problem.
> Sure that with new code base it could be handled without threading and
> thus will lead to much much more interesting capabilities.
> (Live wx designer, imagine an ipython shell where you could type in wx
> command that modify the gui where ipython is embeed... + matplotlib
> handling inside a wx app via ipython embedded shell should be reallly
> cool!)
> Well before doing that we'll have a lot of challenge to resolve!
>
> Just dreaming ;)

Well, that's the way to get stuff done: dream about it, then implement it :)

> Gael: I've jsush pushed your branch, and got this eror:
> laurent@Pep:~/dev/ipython-sync-frontend/IPython/frontend/wx$ python
> ./wx_frontend.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "./wx_frontend.py", line 37, in <module>
>    from IPython.frontend._process import PipedProcess
> ImportError: No module named IPython.frontend._process
>
> Seems that pipedProcess has not been pull...

I'm not sure about the details of this message, but I'll say the same
thing again: please push a visible copy of your branch work to
launchpad, where all the current trunk is already merged by you, and
mark it 'suggested for merging into trunk'.  Then we'll be able to
evaluate only the differences and decide what/when to merge.

That's how this week we were able to merge all the stuff that was
floating around without too much difficulty, while reviewing
everyone's work.  I'm going to look at Vivian's next, which is the
last bit pending (that will be for beta2).

cheers,