[IPython-user] Workspaces with Embedded IPython

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sat Aug 16 02:28:12 CDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Laurent Dufréchou
<laurent.dufrechou@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you take a look to my code, the threading stuff is only used when I do
> make execute a command line to ipython instance. This is mainly to support
> ctrl+c while you've launched a command. So in your case, you can easily
> avoid the usage of mutexes etc…

Actually, I think there should be a simplified version of this that
doesn't launch threads at all, and as such

- Would not support ctrl+C
- Would be completely threadsafe

Users can then make the choice of tradeoff (reliability vs ctrl + C
-ability) for themselves. Systems calls could still be terminated
easily if you are using jobctrl framework (%tasks and %kill magics).

This, of course, is a very simple change to the current wx gui.