[IPython-user] tab completion does not escape ()

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Aug 16 23:22:30 CDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 12:49 AM, Peter Bienstman
<Peter.Bienstman@ugent.be> wrote:
> Small bug: if I have a file coming from a Windows user called aaaa(1).txt, tab
> completion under linux expands this to
>
> aaaa(1).txt
>
> as opposed to
>
> aaaa\(1\).txt
>
> as is done by bash.
>
> Or would fixing this cause too many multiplatform problems?

Other than the fact that parens in filenames are evil :), this is an
ipython bug.  Could you please file a report about it on the tracker?
We're all swamped with a huge release right now, so this is the only
way to ensure we get to it later, otherwise we'll forget.