[IPython-user] tab completion does not escape ()

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sun Aug 17 03:14:00 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 7:22 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Other than the fact that parens in filenames are evil :), this is an
> ipython bug.  Could you please file a report about it on the tracker?

It's a feature, at least on win32. It's easy to escape those (just add
to 'protectables') but do we really want that? I recently removed
escaping for []{}. Why should the parens be escaped?