[IPython-user] readline egg on leopard

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Aug 17 15:52:49 CDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Andreas Kemkes <a5sk4s@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From going through the archives, I can imagine that you probably have heard enough, but here it goes:
>
> I've tried to follow http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/InstallationOSXLeopard, but I'm getting

Ugh... I'm not on OSX, but I know we have a ton of day to day ipython
users and developers on OSX (Brian, Min, Robert, Stefan at the very
least that I know for sure).  Can one of you sort out this mess, and
provide ONE set of definitive instructions on what in the world the
right solution for OSX/readline is supposed to be?  I know it can be
made to work, but since I don't use the system, I have no clue about
all the details, variations, obsolete instructions, etc.

Let's have a *single* set of up to date instructions and clean up all
other confusing/wrong/obsolete information.  This keeps coming up from
users far more often than it should.  Come on, OSX guys, I know you
can do it :)