[IPython-user] readline egg on leopard

Barry Wark barrywark@gmail....
Mon Aug 18 08:34:37 CDT 2008

Andreas,

As a fellow OSX user, I'm sorry you're having problems getting IPython
working correctly. I haven't looked at this issue in a long while so I
have a couple of questions for you to help myself get back in the game
(at least until Ludwig, who wrote the readline egg can comment):
1. Have you tried the following?::
sudo easy_install readline

If this works for you, I wil update the wiki so that others get the
correct instructions.

2. What version of IPython & OS X are you using? Accordin to Ludwig,
many of the libedit issues have been resolved in later versions of OS
X & IPython.

barry