[IPython-user] readline egg on leopard

Andreas Kemkes a5sk4s@yahoo....
Mon Aug 18 18:26:33 CDT 2008

Barry:

Thanks for volunteering your help.

Yes I had tried it and it failed.  That's when I switched to the more restricted version.

It still fails, even after installing IPython, which I hadn't done - I was under the impression that the readline package was a prerequisite.

I will try IPython w/o further trying to install readline - in case you want to get to the root of the matter, I will be happy to provide logs and/or other debug info - just let me know what to invoke.

ipython-0.8.4-py2.5.egg
Mac OS X 10.5.4

Regards,

Andreas

----- Original Message ----
From: Barry Wark <barrywark@gmail.com>
To: Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>
Cc: Andreas Kemkes <a5sk4s@yahoo.com>; ipython-user@scipy.org
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 6:34:37 AM
Subject: Re: [IPython-user] readline egg on leopard

Andreas,

As a fellow OSX user, I'm sorry you're having problems getting IPython
working correctly. I haven't looked at this issue in a long while so I
have a couple of questions for you to help myself get back in the game
(at least until Ludwig, who wrote the readline egg can comment):
1. Have you tried the following?::
sudo easy_install readline

If this works for you, I wil update the wiki so that others get the
correct instructions.

2. What version of IPython & OS X are you using? Accordin to Ludwig,
many of the libedit issues have been resolved in later versions of OS
X & IPython.

barry