[IPython-user] readline egg on leopard

Andreas Kemkes a5sk4s@yahoo....
Tue Aug 19 21:52:46 CDT 2008

I believe I found the culprit.  I probably ran into the python/subversion1.5 snafu (see http://bugs.python.org/setuptools/issue4).
After running

easy_install http://www.jaraco.com/ASP/eggs/setuptools-0.6c8_svn15fix.egg

I was able to successfully run

easy_install readline

----- Original Message ----
From: Barry Wark <barrywark@gmail.com>
To: Andreas Kemkes <a5sk4s@yahoo.com>
Cc: Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com>; ipython-user@scipy.org
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 5:02:40 PM
Subject: Re: [IPython-user] readline egg on leopard

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:26 PM, Andreas Kemkes <a5sk4s@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Barry:
>
> Thanks for volunteering your help.
>
> Yes I had tried it and it failed.  That's when I switched to the more restricted version.

Ah, sounds like a great puzzle! If you could send the entire output of
"sudo easy_install readline", hopefully one of the gurus on the list
will be able to piece out what's going wrong. In the mean time, I hope
you have success with IPython and please keep asking questions if any
come up.

Cheers,
Barry