[IPython-user] Trivial parallelisation

Jose Gómez-Dans jgomezdans@gmail....
Mon Dec 1 11:50:29 CST 2008

Hi,
I do have some trivial parallel code (I need to apply some analysis algorithm
to a bunch of data files), and access to either an SMP linux machine with
loads of CPUs or to a linux cluster. In the past, I have launched my python
scripts with a different command line to get them to run concurrently, but I
was thinking whether there's some pythonic way of dealing with this that is
simple.

I seem to remember that ipython would be a nice tool for this, but I'm not
sure of it, or indeed, any other alternatives.

My code is simple:
for file in list_of_files:
  #I want spawn this next line
  ProcessFile ( file )