[IPython-user] TaskClient reconnect

Vishal Vatsa vishal.vatsa@gmail....
Mon Dec 8 12:56:58 CST 2008

Hi Guys,

Quick question about the behavior of foolscap connections.
Say I have an async TaskClient connected to a remote TaskController

The TaskController goes away (network interruptions or inadvertently
restarted), currently I get a Stale Reference Broker. At this point
should the client tub not reconnect and get a new broker reference
automatically.

If this is not the case, whats the best way to deal with kind of
situation, currently I am doing things in a really messy way, where I
try to catch foolscap errors in defereds and explicitly try to get a
new async taskclient.

As it was pointed out to me, it would make more sense if this was handled
at the protocol level.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks,
-vishal