[IPython-user] IPython with Python 3.0

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Dec 8 15:25:45 CST 2008

Hey Jorgen,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Jörgen Stenarson
<jorgen.stenarson@bostream.nu> wrote:

> I think the new except syntax (PEP 3110) where "except exc, var" changes to
> "except exc as var" is a bigger problem than print in getting ipython to
> compile directly on both 2.x and 3.0. I counted 78 occurences of this usage
> of the except statement in the ipython codebase.

Good point.  Would you mind dropping in your branch a little note in
the docs on 'porting to 3.0' making note of this?  It will help us to
have a clear marking of the trouble spots for when the time to cross
this particular bridge actually comes about...