[IPython-user] dreload numpy - source dir error

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Dec 10 02:25:37 CST 2008

Hi Robin,

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Robin <robince@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I had seen this come up but I can't find it - so sorry if it has...
>
> I have an error using dreload with numpy... I get the error about
> importing numpy in the source directory whenever I try to dreload
> something that uses numpy. For the most part it does seem to work (I'm
> not changing numpy - its my own code I'm trying to dreload) but the
> long trace back is a bit annoying because it breaks the list of
> results when scrolling through the history...
>
> Anyway here is an example:

I see the problem by using dreload(), but I can't reproduce  it by
manually calling the pieces of the code that break in that traceback.

I opened a bug report for it so we can properly track it from now on:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+bug/306805

As I mention there, it's possible (though I don't know for sure) that
the problem is in numpy itself, or perhaps ipython is making an
incorrect call somewhere that confuses numpy.

Honestly, dreload() is fairly brittle code, so any improvements on
this front will be very welcome.