[IPython-user] Trivial Parallelization (Redux)

Frank Horowitz Frank.Horowitz@csiro...
Thu Dec 11 01:45:06 CST 2008

Hi All,

I'm having a little trouble getting past the "first usage" hurdle of
IPython parallelization. (This is likely a FAQ.) It's closely related
to Jose Gomez-Dans' thread from earlier this month, but with an added
wrinkle.

I'm trying to use TaskClient.map() to do its job, but the added
wrinkle beyond Jose's case is that my "function" is actually a bound
method of an object rather than a pure function.  The TC code throws a
TypeError, complaining that a task function must be a FunctionType.
(Quite true, a bound method is not a pure FunctionType...)

Is there any easy workaround, perhaps via defining a doIt() type
function that was mentioned in that previous thread? If so, I've not
been able to discover it...

TIA for any help you might be able to provide!

Cheers,
	Frank Horowitz