[IPython-user] Problems with "_" syntax output cache

Erik Tollerud erik.tollerud@gmail....
Tue Dec 16 21:34:23 CST 2008

I recently changed from using ipythonrc profile config files to the
new ipy_profile_whatever.py files ... everything worked fine except
for one strange thing: All of a sudden, using "_", "__", "___", or
'_#" to access the output cache no longer seems to work.  If I use "_"
I see an object that prints as "<bound method NullTranslations.gettext
of <gettext.NullTranslations instance at 0xae73f0c>>", "__" or "___"
just give an empty string, and "_#" raises a NameError.  How did I
break this cache, and how do I get it back?