[IPython-user] [IPython-dev] Development plans update

Francesc Altet faltet@carabos....
Tue Feb 5 11:31:25 CST 2008

A Tuesday 05 February 2008, escriguéreu:
> I realize that asynchronous mode is very different from what ipython
> offers today (especially from the developers perspective).  At the
> same time, it is the default for Mathematica.  You can start a bunch
> of cells executing and they remain highlighted until they are done -
> as they complete 1 by 1, they display their results.  To make it
> intuitive for the user, you just need a good UI that reflects the
> asynchronous concepts.

Very nice.  Looking at how Mathematica deals with asynchronicity, I'm
starting to grasp what are you after.  And sincerely, it looks great.

> But, blocking mode will definitely be the
> default for a terminal based ipython and possibly for GUI based ones
> as well.

Perfect.  Thanks for the extensive explanations!

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"