[IPython-user] ipython console: how to eliminate wasted carriage returns

Josef Novak josef.robert.novak@gmail....
Wed Feb 6 08:55:10 CST 2008

Hi,
  I've just installed ipython and it seems quite nice.  One thing that
Really bugs me though, is that the default configuration seems to
insert an extra carriage return after every line.  This bugs me so
much that I don't think I can bring myself to use it.
  There must be some simple way to change this behaviour, but altering
ipy_defaults.py doesn't seem to do it, nor did altering anything I
could find in Shell.py or ipapi.py  I didn't look too hard in the
latter files, but I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point
out how to achieve this, or satisfy me that it is not possible.
  Thanks!

 -Joe