[IPython-user] another article mentioning IPython

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Feb 8 13:18:03 CST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 3:59 AM, Noah Gift <noah.gift@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just an FYI, here is another article mentioning IPython and Fernando:
>
> http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/02/07/python-for-bash-scripters-a-well-kept-secret/

First of all, thanks to Noah for helping spread the word about
ipython's usefulness in other contexts!

But I'd like to apologize to Ville and Walter, because in my email
response to Noah when he asked me about shell-like capabilities, I
failed to explicitly credit Ville for much of the functionality in
this regard, and Walter for being the author of ipipe.  I didn't go
back and forth with Noah on editing that so that the credit for those
contributions was explicitly given to their authors, for which I'm
sorry.

Anyone who follows the project or sees the SVN timeline knows what you
two have contributed, but I feel very, very strongly about giving due
credit to *all* who contribute to ipython, be it a single patch or
major lines of functionality. It is regrettable that due to being
swamped with many things right now, I failed to address the issue of
accreditation more carefully.