[IPython-user] another article mentioning IPython

Noah Gift noah.gift@gmail....
Fri Feb 8 13:27:34 CST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008, at 2:18 PM, Fernando Perez wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2008 3:59 AM, Noah Gift <noah.gift@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just an FYI, here is another article mentioning IPython and Fernando:
>>
>> http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/02/07/python-for-bash-scripters-a-well-kept-secret/
>
> First of all, thanks to Noah for helping spread the word about
> ipython's usefulness in other contexts!
>
> But I'd like to apologize to Ville and Walter, because in my email
> response to Noah when he asked me about shell-like capabilities, I
> failed to explicitly credit Ville for much of the functionality in
> this regard, and Walter for being the author of ipipe.  I didn't go
> back and forth with Noah on editing that so that the credit for those
> contributions was explicitly given to their authors, for which I'm
> sorry.
>
> Anyone who follows the project or sees the SVN timeline knows what you
> two have contributed, but I feel very, very strongly about giving due
> credit to *all* who contribute to ipython, be it a single patch or
> major lines of functionality. It is regrettable that due to being
> swamped with many things right now, I failed to address the issue of
> accreditation more carefully.

Well, we can certainly make sure our book from O'Reilly get is
right :)  I am copying Jeremy on this, as he is writing the IPython
chapter.  We will make sure we get everyone the proper credit!

Noah Gift / http://noahgift.com [Python+Grok+AJAX+Mashup]