[IPython-user] another article mentioning IPython

Walter Dörwald walter@livinglogic...
Sat Feb 9 05:55:36 CST 2008

Ville M. Vainio sagte:
> On Feb 8, 2008 9:18 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But I'd like to apologize to Ville and Walter, because in my email
>> response to Noah when he asked me about shell-like capabilities, I
>> failed to explicitly credit Ville for much of the functionality in
>> this regard, and Walter for being the author of ipipe.  I didn't go

No problem!

> No problem at all, it's great that you did stress the "-p sh" thing. I
> think I should make one of those showmedo videos for IPython shell
> usage (one of these days, one of these days...), people that I've
> showed it to tend to switch to using it instead of system's own shell
> quite rapidly.
>
> Because, frankly, it rocks. :-)

Your mention of ipython -p sh made me try it and I think I'm going to use it in the future. It really feels strange after typing
shell commands in IPython for several hour to suddenly realize that you can do an "import ..." or type 17*23 or stuff like that.
;)

I'm just not sure yet, whether I want to use it as my login shell.

Servus,
   Walter