[IPython-user] another article mentioning IPython

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sat Feb 9 06:07:08 CST 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 1:55 PM, Walter Dörwald <walter@livinglogic.de> wrote:

> Your mention of ipython -p sh made me try it and I think I'm going to use it in the future. It really feels strange after typing
> shell commands in IPython for several hour to suddenly realize that you can do an "import ..." or type 17*23 or stuff like that.
> ;)
>
> I'm just not sure yet, whether I want to use it as my login shell.

It's probably not a good idea, things like scp expect some
functionality from the login shells (on server side).

However, it certainly makes sense to replace all the shell launcher
icons on your desktop environment with ipython -p sh ones...

And now that you are it, check out "%env?", "cppfiles = %mglob
rec:*.cpp" etc. :-)