[IPython-user] mac os leopard install clarification

Stephen Uhlhorn stephenlists@gmail....
Tue Feb 12 09:25:30 CST 2008

I'm not sure which list is most appropriate to post to, so I'll try
the ipython guys since this is where I started:

 http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/InstallationOSXLeopard

To get the readline business working, I opted to use the system python
with the readline egg. As far as ipython is concerned, this worked
like a charm, but I'm not clear about what this means for
numpy/scipy/matplotlib.

If I use the system setuptools to install numpy via 'easy_install',
will this break other system tools that use the system numpy?

If my main goal is to keep an updated numpy/matplotlib environment,
should I use the pythonmac python?

Sorry, if these questions seem redundant, but the available pages
aren't totally clear to me.

Thanks-
-stephen