[IPython-user] interactive plotting from a script

Robin robince@gmail....
Thu Feb 14 05:33:24 CST 2008

Hello,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I'm having trouble
plotting with matplotlib/ipython from a script.

I have some classes, with methods that create figures. for example:
varsi.plot_decomp()

In Ipython this runs fine and produces the plot as expected. However
if I put the same command in a script:
test.py:
varsi.plot_decomp()

It appears to run but no plot is produced (with run or run -i).

I can call show on a returned figure object, but I would like the
script to produce several plots, without then having to show them all
by hand from the interactive prompt.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Robin