[IPython-user] yet another leopard/readline question

Stephen Uhlhorn stephenlists@gmail....
Thu Feb 21 19:11:34 CST 2008

Unfortunately, I use [i]Python on mixed Mac OS platforms; a ppc
notebook and an intel desktop. I recently followed the instructions
at:

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/InstallationOSXLeopard

on my intel desktop, and things have gone just swimmingly. But, not so
with my ppc machine. Looking a little more carefully, I noticed the
readline egg has 'i386' in the name. I guess it's not a universal
binary, eh? Can I build a ppc binary using the file:
python-readline-leopard-011808.tar.gz and following Barry's
instructions?

Thanks-
-stephen