[IPython-user] IPython-user Digest, Vol 52, Issue 18

Noah Gift noah.gift@gmail....
Fri Feb 22 14:32:18 CST 2008

Ludwig,

Your egg was wonderful.  It was such an easy fix for readline on
Leopard.  I have noticed that on a CentOS 5 system where I installed
Python2.5, that I forgot to compile with readline.  Is there a chance
your egg could be made to work for Linux as well?  I have the same
readline problem on CentOS as I did on Leopard.  Of course I could
quite being lazy and just recompile Python, but I am a bit scared as I
have several daemons running Python2.5, and don't want to break
production code.  Ideally it would be great to use your egg on Linux
with virtualenv.

Thanks,

Noah