[IPython-user] yet another leopard/readline question

Ludwig Schwardt ludwig.schwardt@gmail....
Sun Feb 24 12:21:54 CST 2008

> Hi,
> So I downloaded the egg from
> http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/readline-2.5.1-py2.5-macosx-10.5-i386.egg.
> After putting it in my PYTHONPATH
> (/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/), ipython ignores its
> existence. On startup ipython declares 'Leopard libedit detected.' and the
> up and down arrows do their funky thing navigating the command history.
>
> Is there something else I need to do so ipython can find and use readline?

Hi,

The egg is supposed to be fat (4-ways universal, actually). Maybe the
"i386" in the name confuses easy_install? Could it help to rename it
to "fat" or "ppc"?

Just guessing...
Ludwig