[IPython-user] yet another leopard/readline question

Glenn grpython@sonic....
Sun Feb 24 17:14:47 CST 2008

Hi Ludwig,

Things are working now without the need to rename any files.
Apparently, the problem was that the module being imported was not
(directly) in the directory /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages, but in /
Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/readline-2.5.1-py2.5-macosx-10.5-
i386.egg/. After I added the latter to my PYTHONPATH, command history
navigation works as expected.

A strange thing occurred in the process, however. After I first
augmented my PYTHONPATH, previous commands would appear with spaces
replaced with \040. After I quit ipython and the terminal
window and started fresh, then spaces came back as spaces.

Best regards,

Glenn