[IPython-user] order in profiles and packages

Johann Cohen-Tanugi cohen@slac.stanford....
Mon Feb 25 08:57:37 CST 2008

hello,
I have a package and a profile to launch it. My profile looks like :
--------------------
include ipythonrc

execute print "\n WELCOME \n"

import_mod my_package
-------------------

and say my package has a __init__.py where, say, there is only a 'print
'HELLO' ' statement.

When executing ipython -profile glastgrb I get
HELLO
WELCOME

in other words the execute in the profile seems to be executed *after*
the loading of my_package, despite the fact that it precedes the
import_mod statement in the profile.....
Is that normal? Am I doing something wrong?

thanks in advance,
Johann

P.S.
[cohen@jarrett GRBSCRIPTS]$ ipython -V