[IPython-user] ipython1 and farm tasking

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Thu Feb 28 07:02:29 CST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:39 PM, Flavio Coelho <fccoelho@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I have a technical question though:
>
>  How are objects pushed to processes? as pickles?
>
>  can you  push an Unpicklable object?
>
>  My problem is as follows: I want to have multiple processes writing to
>  a ZODB database. In order to do that, each process has to see the same
>  DB object (which is unpickleable) and open a connection to it. I have
>  been trying to do this with parallel-python but it was not possible
>  since objects are moved around as pickles....
>  I am hoping I can do this with Ipython1.

Can't all the processes open their own connection to zodb? I would see
that as a technical requirement anyway.

If that is the case, it's easy to implement a pickleable version of db
connection (that just carries around the connection address, and opens
the connection if it's not already opened).