[IPython-user] ipython1: cleaning up engines

Vincent Schut schut@sarvision...
Fri Jan 4 02:58:01 CST 2008

Hi ipython folks,

toying with ipython1's distributed computing, nice!
However, I wonder if there is a way to force an engine/all engines to
really clean up or restart, without having to switch to my ssh console,
kill the engines, and restart them. Because every time I make a change
to the source of the class of which instances are being distributed, the
engines just fail to reload my new version and keep reusing the old one,
probably because python usually only imports a module once. Issueing a
rc.clearPropertiesAll() does not work, the only thing that seems to work
is hard restarting all engines. Did I miss something? Is there a simple
way to force my engines to return to a really clean state?

Cheers,
Vincent.