[IPython-user] Please change the ipython.el to fix the tab completion issue of ipython with emac

wang frank fw3@hotmail.co...
Tue Jan 8 17:41:15 CST 2008

Hi, Alexander,

When I run the ipython in the emacs, I found that the tab completion behaves different from the ipython running directly from DOS prompt. When you type, for example, win and tab key, the ipython will complete the win to

window/

If you type the tab key again, without the change, ipython.el will display something differently since the pattern in ipython.el becomes empty. By adding the / in the command, it will skip the / and work normally.

However, if the file name or directory contains empty, such as Program Files, this will not fix the problem. I am not emacs and elisp expert and could not figout the issue out.

Thanks

Frank> To: fw3@hotmail.co.jp; ipython-user@scipy.org> Subject: Re: [IPython-user] Please change the ipython.el to fix the tab completion issue of ipython with emacs> From: a.schmolck@gmx.net> Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 16:32:59 +0000> > wang frank <fw3@hotmail.co.jp> writes:> > > I have made some fix of the ipython.el to allow the tab completion in> > ipython with emacs behaves as expected. Please change the line 378 of> > ipython.el to> > > > (beg (save-excursion (skip-chars-backward "a-z0-9A-Z_./" (point-at-bol))> >> > The original is> > > > (beg (save-excursion (skip-chars-backward "a-z0-9A-Z_." (point-at-bol))> > Could you explain why you think this change is required/an improvement? On> first sight it's not obvious to me.> > 'as