[IPython-user] Please change the ipython.el to fix the tab completion issue of ipython with emac

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Jan 9 06:42:19 CST 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 3:32 AM, Alexander Schmolck <a.schmolck@gmx.net> wrote:

> Since I don't use ipython's completion (outside emacs) as I always run ipython
> in emacs, I don't know how smart this completion mechanism has become (e.g.
> whether it will complete differently on "cd blah<tab>" then on, say
> "help(blah<tab>")) and I don't know whether the code is now factored so that

It will, because of the custom completer for 'cd' (in ipy_completers.py).

> there's some nice function one can call w/ the *whole line* and it will give
> some completions. If there is (or someone volunteers to write it) that would

What do you mean? We could easily add a "_ip.completions(line)"
function that invokes the whole completion mechanism to ipapi, if
there is a need.