[IPython-user] Please change the ipython.el to fix the tab completion issue of ipython with emac

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Fri Jan 11 12:07:36 CST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 7:59 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2008 8:25 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 9, 2008 11:33 PM, Alexander Schmolck <a.schmolck@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I think if some one "fixes"[*]
> > >
> > > __IP.Completer.all_completions('%s')
> >
> > I think that someone will be me.
> >
> > I'll try to take a stab at it soon.
>
> There was not really much fixing to be done. :-)
>
> See:
>
> http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/browser/ipython/trunk/test/test_completer.py
>
> And tee me whether that is enough.
>
> You just need to set your custom get_line_buffer and get_endidx,
> possibly every time you call for all_completions.

Additional note: we should probably factor out all readline
dependencies from completer.py, it should be pretty trivial and allow
easier extension for non-readline systems...