[IPython-user] ipython problems within Carbon Emacs on Leopard

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Fri Jan 11 16:16:42 CST 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 12:22 PM, Alexander Schmolck <a.schmolck@gmx.net> wrote:

> p.s. fernando: just a suggestion, but wouldn't it make sense to change the
> reply-to default for this list to list ? that's what pretty much all the other
> python lists I subscribe to seem to be using and thus I constantly find myself
> sending replies only privately and then have to repost them to the
> ipython-list.

This is a topic of *endless* debates on the internet, with impassioned
arguments made for both sides of the issue.  Since it can drag on
forever (much like a vi/emacs or tabs/spaces debate), I've decided to
simply keep the default we got when our lists were created and not
spend any of my own time getting dragged into the debate.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm brushing you off, I'm not.  I'm brushing
off a potential flamewar I have no time, interest or energy for.

Cheers