[IPython-user] ipython problems within Carbon Emacs on Leopard

Alexander Schmolck a.schmolck@gmx....
Sat Jan 12 10:18:12 CST 2008

<kmt@ftml.net> writes:

> Alexander Schmolck <a.schmolck@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> Well, that doesn't rule it out to my mind -- if it's broken it likely does
>> something (and thus makes a difference). From the top of my head I can think
>> of anything apart from (garbled) ansi stuff that could cause the screen
>> garbage, but of course that doesn't mean much. Are the non-garbled portions
>> properly colored?
>
> Yes, the non-garbled portions come properly colored.

Hmm, still worth trying to use ipython w/o colors; "ipython --colors NoColor"
would be the command line switch, so

(setq py-python-command-args "-colors" "NoColor")

should have the same effect in emacs+ipython.

>> What happens if you tell ipython.el to use python instead of ipython? (IIRC
>> typing Esc : (setq ipython-command "python") should do that, but editing
>> ipython.el will certainly work).
>
> I get a blue ">>>" prompt and tab key just produces tabs.

The tab-completion is ipython specific (but you should get some funny output
as you noted in the other post).

cheers,

'as