[IPython-user] crash with ipython

humufr@yah... humufr@yah...
Sat Jan 12 11:01:16 CST 2008

Le Friday 11 January 2008 17:14:21 Fernando Perez, vous avez écrit :
> On Jan 11, 2008 12:13 PM,  <humufr@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to learn a little bit PyQt and when I was doing some test with
> > ipython I did a mistake and ipython crash. Because this behavior is
> > systematic I think it's better to tell you.
> >
> > The method to do the crash is pretty simple:
>
> Did you start ipython with
>
> -qthread: for Qt3
> -q4thred : for Qt4
>
> ?  If not, I'm not surprised about the crash. If you did, please send
> us the smallest script that you can that will produce the crash, so we
> can look into it.

I didn't try this option and it's working a little bit better now. At least
it's not crashing when I'm doing stupid mistake when I'm writing some class
using pyqt4.

But still you cannot launch any script from iptyhon with the run command.

By the way, ipython doesn't find *.pyw file as python script (personnally I
don't care because I'm using linux but I understood that you need this
extension on windows for this kind of script).

> ipython -q4thread
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Oct  5 2007, 13:36:32)

IPython 0.8.3.svn.r2919 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

In [1]: run calculate
ASSERT failure in QCoreApplication: "there should be only one application
object", file kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp, line 418
Abandon (core dumped)

Thanks,

N.