[IPython-user] crash with ipython

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Jan 13 10:53:57 CST 2008

On Jan 12, 2008 10:01 AM,  <humufr@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I didn't try this option and it's working a little bit better now. At least
> it's not crashing when I'm doing stupid mistake when I'm writing some class
> using pyqt4.
>
> But still you cannot launch any script from iptyhon with the run command.

Mmh, I do see the crash (it's an all out segfault, just like you get).
 I'm afraid this is a pure Qt4 issue, and I hope Darren Dale (our Qt4
resident guru) may have some ideas on what to do, since he's the
author of that code.  I have no clue.

But thanks for your bug report.  With that test script, I've made it
into a Trac ticket so we don't lose track of it (Darren, I've assigned
it to you since there's little hope I'll fix it):

http://ipython.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/ticket/208

> By the way, ipython doesn't find *.pyw file as python script (personnally I
> don't care because I'm using linux but I understood that you need this
> extension on windows for this kind of script).

Do you mean that the tab completion doesn't complete on .pyw scripts?
Because you can always just type in the full name:

In [3]: !cat foo.pyw
print 'hello'

In [4]: run foo.pyw
hello

If you refer to the tab completion, then yes, it should probably be
corrected, but I'd like to hear from someone who knows better than me
what those .pyw extensions mean (they're a win32 thing, I assume).
Ville is likely to know, and he also wrote the custom completion code,
so he'll probably have a good answer for you.