[IPython-user] Are people using ipython+emacs+MacOSX?

Barry Wark barrywark@gmail....
Tue Jan 15 15:51:51 CST 2008

#!/bin/bash
#!/bin/bash

osascript <<- APPLESCRIPT
	tell application "Terminal"
		set currentTab to (selected tab of (get first window))
		set tabProcs to processes of currentTab
		set theProc to (end of tabProcs)
		if theProc is not "Python" then
			set currentTab to (do script "ipython")
		end if

		do script "%run -e -i -n $TM_FILEPATH" in currentTab
	end tell
APPLESCRIPT

and a scope selector of "source.python" will let you run the current
window's module in an ipython session in a Terminal tab. If the
current Terminal tab is a Python instance, the script assumes its
IPython and calls %run to run the current file. If the current tab
isn't a Python instance, the script will open a new window and start
Ipython before calling %run.

Similar commands could be used to manipulate the debugger state etc.
YMMV

Barry