[IPython-user] [IPython-dev] IPython development news and prospects

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu@aero.iitb.ac...
Tue Jan 15 23:20:02 CST 2008

Fernando Perez wrote:
[...]
> The idea is to write a very lightweight, Traits-like module that does
> only a fraction of what Traits does, but does so with 100% api
> compatibility within that subset.  Basically we'd only implement
[...]

IMNSHO, I think this is a step in the wrong direction!  Do you really
have that much time on your hands?  How are you going to maintain b/w
compat?  What about new versions/new features, tests, bugs?  An option
would be to request Dave Morrill to see if this could be done in traits.
  Kind of like elementtree/celementtree.

cheers,
prabhu