[IPython-user] [IPython-dev] IPython development news and prospects

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu@aero.iitb.ac...
Wed Jan 16 00:29:49 CST 2008

Fernando Perez wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2008 10:20 PM, Prabhu Ramachandran <prabhu@aero.iitb.ac.in> wrote:
> I'm unfortunately in the middle of a packing/job change/cross country
> move so I doubt I'll be able to prototype this quickly, but I honestly
> don't think it's that hard at all.  Much of the really difficult work
> in Traits has to do with a very rich API, GUI code, and a tight C
> implementation for performance.  But just having validation and
> callbacks is something that Python properties already almost do, and I
> honestly don't see it being all  that hard.

I'm not saying this can't be done.  I'm saying that rather than fork
another implementation, why not discuss it with the creator and see if
something can be worked out.  I think you should ask Dave Morrill about
it.  He will have a better idea about it than anyone else.

cheers,
prabhu