[IPython-user] [IPython-dev] IPython development news and prospects

Wed Jan 16 01:45:40 CST 2008

Fernando Perez wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first, thanks everyone for the feedback.  I think the enthusiastic
> response is a sign that getting this ball rolling was indeed the right
> thing to do.  A few things then:
>
> - DVCS (HG). There seems to be broad agreement here, so I'll start
> looking into how to actually make it happen.  I'll report back once I
> have news of what the final setup will be.
This will be really useful for numpy/scipy, when we will be able to use
a DVCS (which will likely be HG at this point).

I started a page for bzr + numpy, but most of it can be adapted for hg I
think (actually, since ipython goes with hg, I don't really see why
numpy/scipy would go into a different direction).

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/BzrMirror

Feel free to steal anything (the page was meant as an introduction to
DVCS, + a 2 minutes intro to get the code with bzr).

cheers,

David