[IPython-user] leopard readline fix doesn't like 'b'

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve@arachnedesign....
Fri Jan 18 06:17:16 CST 2008

Hi,

> this one is bizarre. Having installed the recently suggested
> readline fix as per the instructions at http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/InstallationOSXLeopard
>  I get lovely tab completion but the letter 'b' cannot be typed??
>
> no other issues with the letter 'b', as evidenced by it's inclusion
> in this email!
>
> Anyone else getting this behaviour or am I just lucky?

I don't know if this is good news or not, but it seems that you are
lucky :-)

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, my IPython w/ the Leopard
fix doesn't exhibit this behavior. For instance, I can do this:

-------------------------
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Oct  5 2007, 21:08:09)

IPython 0.8.3.svn.r2919 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
%quickref -> Quick reference.
help      -> Python's own help system.
object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.

In [1]: aba = 1

In [2]: aaa = 2

In [3]: abc = 3

In [4]: aba