[IPython-user] readline and leopard revisited

Ludwig Schwardt ludwig.schwardt@gmail....
Fri Jan 18 08:30:58 CST 2008

Hi,

I'm glad it works!

I mailed an improved (final?) version of the module to Barry and
others, both as an egg
and the complete source tarball (too big for this list...). I've
enabled some features which were disabled before (completion matches,
signal catching) because the system Python build configuration caters
for editline, which is approximately equivalent to readline 4.0 and
not the 5.2 I use. I now link against libhistory as well. I have also
built the module as a 4-way universal binary with 10.5 SDK support,
which should be as similar to the system Python libraries as possible.

I suggest we add the egg to http://pypi.python.org/pypi/readline/,
which is the Python 2.4 version of what I did (I actually used
readline-2.4.2.tar.gz as a starting point...).

Regards,
Ludwig