[IPython-user] leopard readline fix doesn't like 'b'

Gavin Huttley gavin.huttley@anu.edu...
Fri Jan 18 20:02:34 CST 2008

exactly!

If I typed 'aba = 1'  I got

In [1]: aa=1

I've now figured it out -- it relates to having edited ~/.ipython/
ipy_user_conf.py to include the following:

     import readline
     readline.parse_and_bind ("bind ^I rl_complete")

after commenting out those lines the letter 'b' can be typed, and now
I'm not lucky ;)

I also neglected to say thanks to Ludwig for resolving the readline
problem.

cheers,

gavin