[IPython-user] leopard readline fix doesn't like 'b'

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Jan 28 16:21:14 CST 2008

Hi Chris,

On Jan 28, 2008 12:31 PM, Chris <listservs@mac.com> wrote:
> Chris <listservs <at> mac.com> writes:
>

> > I get this behaviour also. That is, you cannot type the letter 'b' in
> >  ipython with the new version of readline.
> >

> Any update on this? The most recent svn reverts to the old behaviour,
> which essentially renders ipython unusable on OSX from the
> cursor jumping around as you scroll through the history.

Sorry to hear you're having problems.  Since this issue has gone back
and forth down different roads, it's quite likely that you have stale
attempts at fixing it.  But by now, with a lot of recent help from the
Leopard users we seem to have converged on a solution that works for
everyone.  Could you confirm that you have followed these steps:

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/InstallationOSXLeopard

?  If you are having problems with current SVN ipython and that
particular process, it's a bit strange since that seems to have worked
for everyone else.

In order to be 100% sure, please do

mv ~/.ipython ~/.ipython.TEMP

before rerunning ipython, so you force ipython to re-create you a
clean config directory.  There's a chance that in the previous
attempts at fixing this you applied some local config changes that are
now the cause of the problem.